Olubankole Wellington, known under the stage name Banky W, and credited in film as Banky Wellington, is a Nigerian singer, rapper and actor. Just like fine wine, the talented singer has refused to age even when he clocks 36 today.
He and Sasha P were the first official ambassadors of Samsung electronics in Nigeria. He is also a band ambassador for Ciroc ultra-premium vodka. A day after Valentine of 2013, he launched his new album “R&BW” with a concert tagged the “The Grand Love Concert” at the Civic Centre, Ozumba Mbadiwe, Victoria Island, Lagos, which featured several other artistes including Iyanya, Waje and more. The first two singles from the album are “Lowkey” and “Yes/No”
The man who stole our heart with his hit single “Ebute Meta” a local rendition of Rihanna’s hit single “Umbrella” gave us a stellar performance in Nollywood’s number 1 box office movie “The Wedding Party”. Today, to celebrate him we will be giving you 7 things you probably don’t know about him
1. He likes grocery shopping: While he is not a fan of markets or spending the whole day in retail stores at the mall, he actually loves going to big grocery stores and walking through all the aisles, picking up random stuff to try cooking with.
2. He is not a fan of Video games: Unlike many men, Banky isn’t a game fan. He once shared that he stopped playing video games when he was 14 years.
3. He takes Chilling with girls over Video games: Like he shared he hated the fact that people just sit in front of the TV just to play games rather than have it in real life so he opted for chilling with girls because they are hot, and they don’t want to spend the whole day in front of the TV and game system.
4. He is as competitive as they come: He hates losing. He would rather get better for that particular thing than lose.
5. If Music doesn’t pay any more, he will make a pretty decent barber: He shared that when it comes to his own look he has learnt how to give himself a shape up while he was in college because in University most times people are broke.
6. Loves to cook: He learnt how to cook from the internet. He looks up recipes from the internet and try them out. He has plans of opening his own restaurant after he goes to a culinary school.
7. He loves to write: Banky W is a fantastic writer who loves and is good at doing that. He writes his lyrics and he also has a blog ‘The Bank Statements’ where he puts down his thoughts on varied issues