Lorenzo Menakaya popularly known as D’Sugar is one of the hottest radio personalities in Nigeria. To join in his birthday celebration we present to you 10 things you probably don’t know about this young beautiful mind and enterprenuer.
1. Lorenzo Menakaya was born to a Royal family in Umunya, Anambra State and is a significant figure in the entertainment scenery in the South-East region of Nigeria.
2. He became popular with his show ‘Astala Vista’ aired on LionFM, Nsukka, Enugu State which earned him the name Lorenzo D’Sugar.
3. He is not just a Radio Personality but also a accomplished musicologist who can boast of having five-star performances in his résumé. He also composed the Original Soundtracks for movies “The Musketeers”, “Lonely walk”, and “Room Service” that was recently premiered and shown in cinemas across the continent.
4. He is also an actor and has starred in movies like, “Lonely walk”, “Sundown Tale”, “Behind the Scenes”, “Parish house”, “My confession”, and “Spokesman for the oracle”.
5. Lorenzo seeks to preach peace to soothe the country still hurting from the bruises of previous times and also acts as a revolutionary, stirring the listener.
6. He is an award winning On Air Personality (OAP)
7. Lorenzo is arguably the busiest MC in the South-East and has an event to anchor every week, his name is synonymous with the red carpet.
8. He is a certified Filmmaker at MoFILM UK Academy for African Filmmakers.
9. He runs an NGO called Hope Vanguard
10. Lorenzo is a man with vast experience and knowledge of that field and has performed alongside the biggest names in Nigeria. His show has attracted the biggest names in Nigeria’s entertainment scene including Sauce Kid, Bongos Ikwue, Waje, Van Vicker, Genevieve Nnaji, Ruggedman, Ikenna Aniekwe, Uti Nwachukwu, Julius Agwu, Mekoyo, Onyeka Nwelue, etc.