The dapper Nigerian musician, Orezi was born as Esegine Allen on 28 March 1986 in Delta State, Nigeria. He is the first of five children. He broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene in 2013, when he released his hit single titled “Rihanna”, which received massive airplay across the country. Today to celebrate him today as he adds another year, here are 7 things you probably didn’t know about the dapper Nigerian musician, Orezi:
1. Orezi was born as Esegine Allen on 28 March 1986 in Delta State, Nigeria. He is the first of five children and he attended the Command Secondary School in Abakaliki.
2. He graduated from the University of Lagos and completed the mandatory one year NYSC program.
3. His first musical release was “I No Fit Lie”. It received great acknowledgement from the public and he headlined a show named after the single “INo Fit Lie”. The show was organised by the Continental Broadcasting Services, owners of Radio and TV Continental.
4. He has worked with prominent entertainment stars like Davido, Ice Prince, M.I Abaga, Danagog, Wizkid and Timaya to mention a few.
5. He rose to prominence after he released his hit single titled “Rihanna” in 2013, which received massive airplay across the country. He won the Best New Act award at the 2013 UNILAG Awards and also the Best Club Banger award at the 2013 Abuja Meritorious Music Awards.
6. He has been nominated for various awards including the Best New Act of the Year category at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards and also or the Dancehall/Raggae Act of the Year category at the 2014 City People Entertainment Awards.
7. He mentioned in an interview that his celebrity crush is the Barbadian singer, Rihanna.